[pct-l] Suggestions about getting to Section G from Tennessee

I am new to this list, but have been enjoying the postings and find some of
them very helpful.  I am from Tennessee, section hiking the PCT.

Can anyone suggest a good way to get to the beginning of Section G (Hwy 178)
from out of state?  The best I have come up with is fly into Los Angeles, then
Bakersfield and hitch hike from there.

After I get to Lone Pine, it looks like more hitch hiking back to
Bakersfield.

Does anyone know an easier way to do this?

Thanks very much.

Lee Marsden