[pct-l] ADZ AS INSPIRATION

On Apr 25, 2005, at 10:19 PM, Bill & Cathy wrote:
> I can't see folding up the ADZ because of one trail angel even if they
> are said to be the best. I love ADZ.

Huh?  Would everyone please re-read Donna's message.  There isn't
even a hint, whisper, or vague suggestion that the Kickoff should
"fold". Nor have I ever said such a thing. Nor do I think anyone
else on this list has suggested such a thing. Let's not waste time
arguing against a proposal that was never made.

Donna's observation about hikers clumping around the kickoff isn't
her imagination.  Everyone talked about it on the trail last year
and a cache maintainer just suggested that he too has observed
the problems caused by clumping. I'm sure some of the smaller
post-offices on the trail (especially the southern CA part) would
love to have the hikers a little more spread out.

Is the world going to end tomorrow if this issue isn't resolved now
or next year? Of course not. But is bouncing around some ideas or
brainstorming about possible solutions too radical for this community?

Gary Wright

Radar
homepage.mac.com/at2002/
AT2002,PCT2004,2005?,CDT?