A GOOD READ, I HOPE, 4U-->> RE: [pct-l] emergency radio?

Since 1966 when I first entered the Rockies on my first non-boy-scout
overnight backpack trip, which is almost **40**  years of outdoor
experiences/hiking/climbing/camping/backpacking/LD
Section and thru hiking I needed emergency communication -->once<--
and that was not even for me....but for an unfortunate
person who suffered an heart attack on the trail and died
by the time I got there...poor gentlemen was soooo overweight
and out of shape it took 6 people to carry him out to the road
10 miles! Gawd I had nightmares for weeks and anytime I start
eating too much....

Compare that to "city living":  I have called 911 maybe a dozen/more? times
for car accidents, house on fire, field on fire, gunshots, road
rage side-of-the-road fight (is there trail-rage?-- hardly!! hah aha)
Cows escaped pasture, bees swarming, robbery in progress, etc etc..all the
foibles
of "modern civilizations"-- give me a Pepsi (or, okay...Coke) can
stove,. some alcohol, pememcine (sp?), Top Raman, gorp, and leave the
radio at home you can carry more food that way and stay safer ;-)
longer before you have to go home to the jungle of modern life!! And
that was only since 911 was implemented..I do recall stopping at
phone booths to report anything but I suspect it happened.

Clearly, I have therefore, completley and uneqivocally, proven that
I cannot type and you are MUCH safer on the trail.

HYOH!