[pct-l] GPS, is it worth it?

I find that I use my GPS regularly when I am on the trail. I have a
Garmin Geko 201(http://www.garmin.com/products/geko201/). This is a
simple GPS that has good battery life and is small and light. I only
turn on the Geko to get my UTM coordinates and can in a matter of a
minute locate myself on the map. By setting waypoints at critical
junctions I am also able to route find very easily. Just last month we
got of trail and were able to get back on track and find the trail
junction within minutes. I also use a grid tool
(http://www.maptools.com) in conjunction with the GPS and map to make
locating positions a snap.
Hopefully you have some map and compass skills to build upon. I carry
a compass as a backup. You never know, electronic devices can fail.
But after learning how to us my GPS, I would not leave home without
it.

Good luck, Peter