From: Scott Schaffer <scotts451@yahoo.com>
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Sent: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 11:40:08 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [pct-l] Thru-hiking PCT w/ dog question

My name is Jim Scotts and I plan on hiking the PCT this year with my dog Nanook.
I plan on going really ultralight and have found tons of good info for me, but
have not been able to find much info for long distance hiking for dogs.
My question is what?s a good ?rule of thumb? for the weight dogs can carry?  I
feel that 25 Lbs would be a conservative start for a Husky of her size (< 25% of
her body weight), but wonder what would be expected once she gets back in shape.