[pct-l] starting late. . . hiking alone?

No, definitely not. I started May 9 and on day one ran into several hikers, one of which (Glory) I hiked with, on and off, until around Dunsmuir.  By Idyllwild I had hooked up with another two (Will and Birdie) that I ran with, again on and off, for a long, long time.  By Big Bear I was getting iinto the back end of the main pack. It took me about a month to get to KM and I don't think I was rushing it at all.  But, you could easily delay getting into KM until around June 20 by starting on, say, May 14.

Suge

Christopher Willett
cwillett@pierce.ctc.edu
www.pierce.ctc.edu/faculty/cwillett