[pct-l] Silly Questions?

In a message dated 4/1/2005 9:43:09 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
AlohaAnn@adelphia.net writes:

> [...]
into Idylwild?  Worth the trip to cut the  weight carried across Fuller Ridge
and to Big Bear City?  >>>>>>>
I went into Cabazon... and would recommend it.  The haul out of  Whitewater
Canyon up to Jumpoff Joe is tough.  I took Railroad Avenue on  the south side
of the freeway and had to walk the whole way.  Others  went  to the Verbenia
overpass and got a ride right in.  YMMV

a trip into Independence or Bishop or  carry it all to VVR?  If you make the
trip, which  town?>>>>>

I went into Lone Pine over Cottonwood Pass.  Easier in,  easier out... but.
Now you have to carry 7-8 days food.

Both.  Especially if you're craving that spicy Thai chicken peanut  pizza...
found only in Mammoth.

Yosemite's Valley floor?   <<<<<<

No, since I live less than an hour from the Valley floor. But, if I lived  in
Maryland.....

<<<<<<5.  Do/did you make the trip to  Tahoe "just because you could",
"BUFFETS!", or the  possibilty of winning  enough to pay for the trip?  Or do you
even bother to  go?>>>>>>

Went to Tahoe to pick up food resupply and hit the restaurants... not much
of a gambler.

One only  please.>>>>>>>>

Drakesbad... on a good day. ( Can't tell you what makes a good  day or not
tho... seems to be hit or miss, possibly depending on the number of  guests or
just how pathetic you look when you arrive.  The latter worked  for me. )

"No Way" Ray  Echols