[pct-l] Getting off work

I agree, your dad is *supposed* to give you advice that's practical and
prudent.  That is his job.

As a young man searching for your truth, its you job to consider his
advice, then follow your heart.  When I was 22, I made a giant windfall
of cash righta s I graduated from college.  I wanted to go be a ski-bum
for a year and live off my earnings, but my dad wanted me to invest it
and be prudent and all that.  He kept telling me that I could ski later
and that I needed to focus on starting a career and all that.  I kept
thinking that I'll never be able to ski like I can at age 22, and if I
pass up the opportunity, I may never get that opportunity again, so I
did it against his wishes.  he got over it, and I had a blast.  I came
back after a year and met my wife, got married, got a job, and have
been working ever since.  Would things have been different if I would
have saved all the money?  Probably so, but exactly how I don't know.
The winter I spent in Lake Tahoe was spectacular.  There is no way I'd
regret it, and I am only 35 now and already cannot ski like I could
when I was 22.  You'll never be young again, so you gotta do what you
really want to do, not what someone else wants you to do.  I always
thought that if I didn't go skiing, that I'd live to regret it and I
didn't want to live with regrets.  HYOH.

peace,
dude