[pct-l] ice axe for So Cal?

Im going to have my ice axe mailed to me at Kennedy Meadows.  I figure my poles will be enough to get me through the San Jacintos.  Ive never hiked the PCT before though so take this as an extremely informed opinion, Im just not too worried about needing an ice axe in the san jacintos.

-Brett

Casey Dunn <casedunn@yahoo.com> wrote:
I'm putting my bounce box together and trying to decide whether to include my ice axe. I figure it might be needed near San Jacinto and some other places in southern California. Or will my hiking poles be enough?

Are other hikers carrying, or bouncing, their ice axes in So Cal? And for PCT veterans, do you think it's necessary?

I'm starting during the kickoff - just to give a time reference.
Thanks,
Casey Dunn