[pct-l] pics from 95

95 wasn't as bad as 98, but it was pretty wet that year (Strider, how did
it rate in late season snowpack?). I left Campo in June, doing about 30 a day.

Here are some pics I took going over Forester on July 13 1995.
http://www.fastpack.com/brick/forester.html

I had more or less continuous snow above 9000ft from Big Horn Plateau (just
north of Whitney) to North of I-80. I almost died crossing Bear Creek, and
was plenty scared many many times. I broke through the snow (100% coverage)
descending to Benson Lake north of Yosemite, and fell into a hidden creek
up to my waist. Many days, after endless trudging through sun cups, all I
could think was "is this snow ever going to end?

This was before PCT-L so I didn't know what anyone else was doing. I
departed so late in the season that I saw my first thru-hikers around
Walker Pass. I met my next thru hikers just north of I-80 and the last band
in Mt Lassen NP. I was pretty lonely.

I'll scan som photos from 95 so you can see what it looked like