From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of
Bighummel@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 12:05 PM
To: pct-l@backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Sierra Snow Entry Prediction

My former Sierra snow entry prediction is getting completely snowed over
currently with this latest storm.  The southern Sierra is getting hit hard,
again,
and the snow accumulation is significantly being added to.  As such, I must
lose "face" and retract my earlier prediction based upon one of my many
stated
caveats; "late Spring storms may significantly alter this picture".
Apparently, this year is one of those 20% that experience heavy early snow
and then
late Spring storms in addition.

My new prediction?  Watch the snow survey sites and pray for a warm early
Spring.  Or, simply consider a SoBo hike.

Greg "Strider" Hummel