[pct-l] Mt. Whitney permit

I can confirm that for 2004 if you got a JMT permit and/or thru permit as I
did from a smaller
ranger station (they just list all the regions and  forests in Calif  from
campo up
and there is no charge for Whitney permit. I was not even warned about
camping in the
Whitney area...we just had to put camp destinations for the JMT permit
which included
a night at the 12000 ft camp just below Whitney. (Consultation or
Consulation Lake-
I am forever getting the name incorrect!)