From: Monty Tam <metam01@earthlink.net>
Sent: Mar 22, 2005 7:30 AM
To: "medusaj@aol.com" <medusaj@aol.com>, pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: RE: [pct-l] Mt. Whitney permit

At Horseshoe Meadows hitch 25 miles into Lone Pine to the main street(395).
Turn right a few blocks.  Mt Whitney mural on your right.  Ranger Station
across the street.  Be first in line when they open and take your chances
on a cancellation.

Or, by this point a hiker has honed his scamming skills fulfilling 750 mile
of hiker needs and may choose to use them.  (What does that mean??)

Warner Springs Monty

haven't firmly decided to climb the mountain yet and would rather wait, but
it's on the little PCTA permit dealie.  Is there a way to buy the Whitney
permit closer to the mountain itself, when we have a better idea about
whether or not we want to hike it?