----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Weber" <pies_con_queso@yahoo.com>

> My friend and I seem to be at odds with what may be the best shelter for
going out in potential rain. I'm under the impression that the purpose of a
tarp is for both shade and rain-shielding, whereas my friend seems to think
that the lack of a floor and complete walls will allow flooding. I suggested
a fastpack footprint, but the comment about floods caused concern about the
lack of a seal along the floor corners.

> What is your experience with a tarp tent as a shield against the elements?
Will a tarp provide adequate shelter? Is it worth the weight to pack a tent?