[pct-l] Sew what?

Nick wrote:

I'm looking for some simple guidance from anyone that has sewn such
things onto a lightweight pack.  Do I have to use any kind of special
needle?  Does regular old thread work?  I'm guessing that I just can buy
nylon and/or webbing type material and cut to size?

It's pretty straightforward, as you guessed.  Most people recommend
avoiding cotton or cotton-coated thread for outdoor gear - get 100%
polyester thread instead.  For needles, just use one that has an eye
size suitable for the thread you're using.  If you're altering an
existing pack you'll probably have to do some of the stitching by hand;
get a thimble (and have some bandaids standing by!)

Eric