[pct-l] RE: some resuppy questions in Section D

> Wrightwood does have a post office. I understand that the town of
> Wrightwood is four miles down the Acorn Trail, or some hikers come down
into
> Wrightwood from trail crossings on Highway 2 (Angeles Crest Highway).

A little ways down the Acorn Trail is a MARKER and a less traveled trail
off to the right (shortcut). That leads to the back side of the Methodist
Camp where you can do laundry and stay for free (can get crowded). Bob and
Kelly were very friendly and very helpful when I was there. Down the hill
five blocks and two blocks to the left after the fire station is the Post
Office, then Mt. Harware who also take packages (Hiker Supplies including
fuel/alcohol and a PCT registry), and just after that, a well supplied
grocery store, Jensens. Up the hill two short blocks from Jensens is a
public library with free internet.
VERY hiker friendly town.
There's a list of trail angels somewhere in town. (Mountain Hardware??)
I talked to a man named Richard Tracy who also had a place to stay. He's
got to be in the book.

Love this Town

Warner Springs Monty