[pct-l] stoveless hike

I have been considering going stoveless on my Crater Lake to Canada hike this summer. Not neccesarily for weight savings, I just dont want the burden of a stove/fuel/cooking, and I think it would be fun and interesting. Does anyone have experience with this? What types of foods do you reccomend for suffecient energy and taste? I will bring a small pot/cup to use over a cook fire every once in a while.

Alex