[pct-l] Yaktrax

A better option might be in-step crampons.... check these out:

Camp 6 pt Aluminum Crampon / Weight: 8 oz / Price $60 retail.

This is my local retailer, but I'm sure you could find others who also sell this item:

www.promountainsports.com

Terri
Seattle

David Spangler <davidspangler@hotmail.com> wrote:
Has anyone used these? http://www.basegear.com/yaktraxpro.html

My current boss has used these as a replacement for when crampons are
overkill and says they have worked great without a pack--anyone else used
them? In terms of durablity they are made out of the same rubber, smaller
diminsion, which is used on snow chains so it should hold up.

Think of the weight savings and the greater convince then carrying full
crampons which seem to much when you are side hilling etc. And the cost
savings!!

David