solar hat (was: [pct-l] hat mylar)

Hi Steel-Eye,

> One of my foam inserts weighs 2.46 g. (0.087 oz.) so it is not
> exactly a burden.

I think foam insulates well enough to keep cool even if it where
painted black. (Depends on the thickness of course.)

An idea I have is to attach a small solar charger on top of my hat. Not
too expensive and fairly light:
http://store.sundancesolar.com/flsoch2a10wi.html

It would also - unlike the recently discussed jacket - always point
towards the sun (because I continuously shift my hat such that I get
maximum shade). If the description is to be trusted the charger would fill
up two AA's every other day. Any experiences? (There are also larger
flexible solar panels that would power cell phones and recharge camera
batteries. Might need one of those if I get a better digital camera. Only
really cheap ones use AA batteries today. Everything else uses
proprietary NiMH.)

Ilja.