[pct-l] Photos: Fuller Ridge / San Jacinto

At 02:13 PM 3/5/05, Bighummel@aol.com wrote:

>Yogi writes:
>"That said, what good would an ice axe be for this section?
>Go  ahead and hit me, I'm ready for the blow!!!"

Joe Sobinovski and I hiked from Pines to Palms to Big Bear one year well
after the Thru Hikers would have been through. It was a heavy snow year.
Joe had originally walked around Fuller Ridge on his thru hike and wanted
to do that section. Funny thing was that the year these photos were takes
was a much worse snow year than when Joe originally hiked. .

It would have been very very unsafe to traverse fuller ridge without an ice
axe. Here is what the whole ridge looked like
http://www.fastpack.com/brick/joe_fuller_ridge.jpg

Also, Navigation in little taquitz valley was difficult. Here is a photo of
the trail in the valley
http://www.fastpack.com/brick/joe_taquitze_valley.jpg