[pct-l] Shoes for the trail

Regarding David Plontikoff's question on shoes - I tend to agree with Suge's comment that there is no reason to anticipate the foot growth issue until it happens. The informal poll I took while thru-hiking showed that far fewer hikers experienced a foot size change while hiking than those who did. I also agree that wearing running shoes with which you have a comfort zone and familiarity is good advice. If you do choose New Balance - NB now has its own insert that, in my opinion, is superior to Superfeet. I wore Salomon XA Pro's in the High Sierra for their drying capabilities and NB 2001 (my choice of running shoes) everywhere else. The NB's didn't have as good traction as the Salomon's but I profited from the comfort in terms of legs and feet feeling better and also getting almost triple the miles from the NB's. Buzz