[pct-l] shoe recommendations

I'd stay with the normal sized shoes and forget about the larger ones unless your feet change.  That is, don't worry about a potential problem until it comes up.  Then deal with it.  Think about actual running shoes, rather than trail runners from Campo to Mojave.  After the last two summers, I wrote brief reviews of the shoes I used and posted them to whiteblaze.net.  You can find them by going to the following links:

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/archive/index.php/t-2382

and

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5634

If I were setting out from Campo this year, I'd probably bring a pair of Brooks Beast shoes.

Suge

Christopher Willett
cwillett@pierce.ctc.edu
www.pierce.ctc.edu/faculty/cwillett