[pct-l] shoe recommendations

Hello from a longtime list lurker and section hiker.

Just got the most wonderful piece of e-mail today: REI says my annual
dividend is $225 (don't ask how it got that high) and on top of that
they're throwing in 20 percent off any item.

Which brings me to trail shoes. I normally wear a NB 801 or 807 in a 9.
I've been a bit perplexed by the lack of consensus on the list on whether
my feet will need a larger size in the desert. There seems to be a great
divergence of opinion on this. I've hiked from Whitney to Willamette Pass
w/o a change in foot size, but I realize the desert is a whole other kettle
of salsa.

With the offer of *free shoes* dangled over my head, I'm considering this
strategy: Go out of Campo with my NB 807s. Send a size 10 pair of shoes in
my Warner Springs bounce box and make the final call then, after six trail
days.

So which shoes? I'm OK with the 807s, but would like to hear people's
experiences both good and bad with PCT use of:

Brooks Cascadia

Montrail Hardrock

Montrail Highline

Vasque Velocity

Sorry to burn up bandwidth on this, but the online reviews of trail running
shoes (with the exception of ultra-running sites) really don't address the
kind of extreme use we see during a PCT season. Hopefully if my feet
haven't swelled a full size, the addition of Superfeet inserts on top of
the existing footbed will fill in enough to make the larger size at least
passable.

Thank you in advance for your consideration,

DP