[pct-l] Garces Overlook Burned

I have fond memories of the Garces Overlook Gazebo on the PCT at Silverwood
Lake.  After a long and hot 26 mile day I crashed here just as the sun set.
It was quite pretty except for the boats buzzing around all night.

I guessed this structure would have burned in the 2003 fires as it was
weathered wood and surrounded by Chamise.

I had spent several hours at the Summit Valley Store, just up the road,
eating Freezy Pops earlier in the day.  That is gone too.........

Hiking on,

David Craft
PCT in pieces
Greensboro, NC