[pct-l] Sierra Resupply, and Hammocks

I debated where to get off to resupply when hiking the Sierra's in 2003. Stuffed 12 pounds of food into a Garcia bear can, picked it up at Kennedy Meadows, and made it to VVR (including Whitney detour)in nine days.  Stuffed the Garcia into the bottom of a Gossamer Gear G5 - yes, it just fit.  Base weight not counting the can was 6 pounds.  I'm almost 60 - I can't carry too much weight!  With two quarts of water, I left KM with 28 pounds on my back.  Ok, this was mid-July, not early June.  Pack light and you can skip half the resupply stops.  OK, just bragging.

Used a Hennessey Hammock thru Northern California and Oregon in 2002.  I can't sleep on my back either, but found that I slept great turned slightly on my side.  In fact I usually didn't wake up until full daylight, costing me a hour or more hiking each day.  Remember to lie slightly diagonally to the center line - it is flatter that way.  If it works for you, it's great.