[pct-l] Youth Outreach Program

I have a crew of teenage foster boys that help me with the goats and also
are not adverse to hiking and doing more than their share of carrying just
to get to go.
I also have a pair of girls (my business partner's daughters) that go, one
of which has done volunteer steward work with me for the last 2 years.
You can get a lot of work out of some teenagers if it looks like fun.

Kids raised on the trail are much less likely to take it for granted later
on in life. I long ago figured out that that standing up in front of them
giving a Leave No Trace lecture was pretty useless compared to making a
campsite, spending a great time and leaving it pretty for the next guys.

Carolyn Eddy
"Sweet Goat Mama"
www.goattracksmagazine.com