[pct-l] a JMT question...

Generally you could expect fine weather, although there have been years when
people had some (or a lot) of rain. This past year I hiked from Labor Day
through the 21st and got a blast of cold wind/light snow (couple of inches) for
3 days. Some people bailed, others slogged through--made it a little hard to see
the trail at the top of Glen Pass. Prior to that, temps were warm most days
(high 70s low 80s) and about 32 at night, but during the cold spell the days
weren't much above 45-50 (or less when it was actually snowing) and the nights
were 25-32 depending on altitude.

Other years I've had beautiful weather for a couple of weeks at a stretch--it's
my favorite time of year to go into the Sierras, actually. Saw one bear this
year; have never seen any prior to that. No skeeters. Not many people, except
around Yosemite Valley, Tuolumne Meadows, Thousand Island Lake, and Whitney Portal.

This year's first dump of snow (of several feet which stranded quite a few
hikers who had to be rescued) wasn't until mid-October.

--Steve