[pct-l] covering the pct on mountain bike

Cycling on the PCT is a Bozo No-No.  This includes bicycles, unicycles, motorcycles, ATCs and dirt bikes.  Especially dirt bikes.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of raymond
greeley
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 12:14 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] covering the pct on mountain bike

I'm new to the trail, specifically the Oregon  area. I'm taking a bicycle
trip through parts of oregon in search for
a small town to move to and thought i might try cycling part of the pct near
the the areas i'm considering (see below). Would i end up walking the bike
too much to make it worthwhile. Biking occurred to me after i read the
journal entry by the woman whom traveled by horse on the trail, which i
think takes much more effort to plan for. of course equipment would require
some reinforcement and repair tools yet i think this form of transport makes
getting to trail heads fairly easy and allows a certain amount of
independence as far as having people set up to pick me up in spots or
getting to bus stations. As much as i enjoyed the "rules for hitching" I'm
not comfortable
doing it.

I'm hoping to set up shop installing renewable energy systems and
restoring a personal home relatively near the trail for regular visits in
either the
medford, rural portland or eugene areas as i want to be near a active
running club also.
I have enjoyed all the talk on this forum and look forward to doing a part
in keeping it
in good order. I was happy to see some of the "missing 57" purchased for
future protection.
ray