[pct-l] hitching and The Man...

You can hitchike on freeway onramps as long as you stand on the
non-freeway side of the sign that says no hitchiking beyond this point.
I got a ride out of Independence in the back of a pick up after standing
for a couple hours while hundreds of tourists blew by me.  The pick-up
was immediately stopped by a california highway patroleman.  The driver,
a young cowboy and two friends down from a ranch somewhere, was driving
without a license.  I walked the half  mile back to town...

Jeff Olson
Laramie WY