[pct-l] Cold weather clothes

Hi Robert,

I decided against a fleece jacket and went with:
- base layer (t-shirt, and bra)
- shirt (it's like a dress shirt, but nylon, in the Netherlands we say
'blouse', but I think that is not used in the same way in the US...)
- isolated outer jacket (Coal jacket from GoLite)
- windshirt (GoLite Ether)
- poncho (for the rain and snow and as a groundsheet)

It worked fine. The only drawback was that our sleeping bags were rated only
to 20F, so when a cold spell hit we were wearing everything to bed, but were
still cold as our Z-rests are only half the full length. We had nothing left
to put under our feet except for the backpack, which does not amount to
much.

We still haven't figured out how to alter our clothes or sleeping mats to
make it the perfect balance between weight and warmth. I have bought a new
sleeping bag for winter camping, but I would not take it on the PCT, it
weighs 1330 gr (about 2,9 lb).

Any ideas are welcome. I am leaning towards making sure my nights are warm.
I think I can get through the day with the clothes listed. I've never been
cold, not even in the snow. See:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~darudiva/source/dscn1504.htm
So how could we make it warmer, without 'spending' a pound in added weight
to carry.

Saskia