[pct-l] Technology on the Trail

John - Why do people want constant music to accompany their lives?

John has obviously never hiked for hours with either of the following tunes
running through his head and was unable to stop the music.
      Teddy Bear Picnic
      Tiptoe through the Tulips
With a MP3 player I have more control of the tunes and my mind. :-)

unstoppable mind tunes are sometimes a topic on the at-l

Mark - who hopes never to see somebody in the wilderness wearing a tie

I once was day hiking at Wallace Falls in Washington State when I met a
gentlemen in a rather garish sport coat, white shirt, tie and shiny shoes.
When I remarked about his hiking attire, he said that he was a salesman
who had a hour or so between stops and thought he would just get a
little hiking in.

Mike

--
http://www.engel.org/ihwm  (Courtesy of my friend Glenn Engel)

"I hike alone sometimes.Its during these            Mike Aken
solo hikes that the number of  arrogant             N7OUJ
and ignorant people I have  to deal
with is reduced to one".
                         Jack Hampson