[pct-l] Technology on the Trail

On a recent trip, I spent many hours sitting around
airports for various reasons.  (Has anyone besides me
noticed how airplanes, airports, security, etc. have
stolen the journey away from us and left us with only
a raging desire to reach our destination?)  Please do
not allow the PCT to be like that for yourself.  You
will miss the point of it all.

At these airports and elsewhere nowadays, the phone
conversations have become far louder due to headsets.
At first I thought this was due to people being ruder
nowadays, which they are.  But much like your teenager
shouts to you in normal conversation because they are
connected to their walkman, so too do those engaged in
phone conversations wearing their headsets.  Whether
or not one is interested, we are forced to listen to
boring, inane, personal or business conversations in
every public place.  On this last trip, in the men's
room, I heard one such conversation from behind the
closed door of a stall.  Is there no peace from it?

So far, I have not lost my cool in the face of this
modern form of rudeness.  On the PCT, I would.

Larry H