[pct-l] Technology on the Trail

I maintain that the popularity and widespread public use of
cell phones has little to do with any practical need, but
has instead come in direct proportion to our increasing
alienation from, and lack of connection with, our fellow
humanoids. And with that, a disconnection from ourselves.
More and more, people fear being alone, and are afraid to
have a good-old-fashioned dialog with themselves. Further,
we've lost the ability to entertain ourselves by daydreaming
(probably because childhood is such a rushed affair these
days). So we fortress ourselves with a small circle of
likeminded refugees, keep each other on speed dial, and slog
through the day lost in the perceived security of a virtual
reality.

Cell phones have become the glue that holds the great
American social life intact. If accidentally ingested, seek
medical help at once.

- blisterfree

Simblissity Ultralight :: One-of-a-Kind Designs for the
Great Outdoors
www.simblissity.net