From: Deems
To: pct
Sent: Saturday, January 15, 2005 8:19 PM
Subject: Snow depth telemetry stations for CA, OR, WA

 I found a link tonight on the CDT-L chatroom that led to a Montana Snotel site
 placed by the Natural Resources Conservation Service USDA, and that led me
 to the California, Oregon and Washington snow telemetry stations. There's a lot of
 snow in the northern part of the Sierra, and avg or less amounts in the Cascades.
The website maps have the stations you can click on or use the pop down list for each
state's stations to see the current snowdepth and water content.   The coverage isn't
complete for the PCT, and I know I've seen stations in the alpine areas of the John Muir Wilderness,
but I don't see them on these lists.  It's almost like being up there on the trail when accessing your
federally funded snotel stations.

http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/snotel/California/california.html          California snotel sites
http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/snotel/Oregon/oregon.html                 Oregon snotel sites
http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/snotel/Washington/washington.html    Washington snotel sites