[pct-l] Snow depth telemetry stations for CA-PCT and Alpine Sierra

That's a pretty bold projection of the snow data for so early a date. 1997
had more snow on the ground on this date that there is now but turned out
to be a very average year when it came thru-hiking season. 1995 was below
average at this date and almost none of the thru-hikers made it through
the Sierras on a continuous hike from Campo.

The date that the snow clears the trail varies a lot depending on the
spring weather conditions. There's no way to tell yet what that might be
like.

It'll be at least mid-March before you can make predictions with much
accuracy about how much snow will be on the trail in June. There's a
couple few folks on the list who make their yearly prognostications April
1st. There's darn good reason they wait until then.

On the other hand, you might be dead on. I just don't think we can tell
what the snow conditions will be like yet.

-Karl

Karl "Birdman" Brandt PCT97 LT98
http://people.ucsc.edu/~kbrandt/