[pct-l] Re: Music on the Trail

I have packed a Martin backpacker guitar for up to a month, so as not to
be without music altogether.  I can't play it while hiking, but I can
play any song I can remember in camp. I never hike more than 16 miles in
a day so I have a lot more camp time than the typical thru hiker does.
(I'm a lowly section hiker).
I haven't figured out MP3 technology so I would be stuck with radio or a
pile of cds, so I fear I would get bored with the limited selections
available in either one.  I even made a tiny fake book with  song titles
and key signatures to carry with the guitar.  The whole rig is under
four pounds and attaches to the outside of my pack.
I am especially subject to ear worms (those repetitive little ditties
that get stuck in your head while hiking) so the guitar gives me some
relief.  I am a teacher/musician, so I am involved in music performance
every day, and I feel deprived without some way  of making music on the
trail.
My hiking partner also would not approve of me hiking along with music
stuffed in my ears.  He likes to talk to me while we hike.
llamalady