[pct-l] Kansas City tourism

In the year 2000, I hiked across much of Kansas, from
the Colorado border along the ADT/Arkansas River/Santa
Fe Trail to Great Bend, then north via backroads to
Nebraska and onwards.  I came to love the big skies
and grasslands prairie, especially at dusk.

My memories include cowboys, small towns, wonderful
people, a cornucopia of wildlife including pheasant,
deer, waterfowl, turkeys, buffalo, coyotes, prairie
chickens, hawks, and prairie rattlers, the welcoming
call of the meadowlark, the sweet smell of wild plum
blossoms, unrelenting, hammering winds, wagon ruts,
circular fields with center pivot sprinklers, massive
cattle ranches, cottonwood-lined rivers, arrowheads, a
backroad every mile, and far more.  I finally had the
chance to say "It's time to get the hell out of
Dodge."

"Between that earth and that sky I felt erased."

Willa Cather

"But why?  Why do we say the earth is flat when the
vast majority says otherwise?  Because we know the
truth."

The Flat Earth Society