[pct-l] Kansas City tourism

> Kansas was not always flat.  The central Kansas uplift
> exposes several
> hundred million years of rock deposits, thus it is an
> eroded flat, previous mountain
> range . . .

Pretty sure the great plains used to be an inland sea,
(before my time) hence all the marine sediments exposed here
and there by more recent tectonic forces (and erosion).

Remember that Ed Abbey described the plain states, and
midwest in general, as "mysterious." Unlike the mostly
uninhabited (and traditionally mysterious) mountain and
desert lands to the west, which nevertheless revealed
themselves to even the casual visitor who would climb a peak
or stand amidst an empty waste, the well-populated midwest
remained the greater mystery to ol' Cactus Ed, whose
journeys by car through this region revealed only the 12
mile horizon and a culture vaguely familiar and yet
completely foreign.

Parkey, the Kansas interstate freeway kangaroo mascot, might
agree. Utterly mysterious.

- blisterfree

Simblissity Ultralight :: One-of-a-Kind Designs for the
Great Outdoors
www.simblissity.net