[pct-l] A rare moment in Kansas

I was born and raised in small-town (<1,000 pop.) and settled in Calif.
35 years ago after college and navy. I still go back to visit my parents.

The prairies, plains, etcetera have their beauty. Many people, even
residents, don't appreciate that beauty. Too often beautiful landscape
is defined as mountains or seashores. But as I've been away, I now more
appreciate the beauty of the vast spaces between the Rockies and the
Applachians. When I was young and live in the SF area, it seemed to me
that more people there had been to Europe than to the mid country. pity.

John