Subject: [pct-l] Music on the trail

FWIW, I used The Sharper Image's Aiwa on the PCT in Oregon last summer, and it only worked intermittently for me after about a week; not sure if it was dust or moisture (sweat), but TSI refunded my money after the hike was over.  On the trail, I found both AM and FM reception to be pretty sketchy, except for AM at night; I remember picking up LA's KNX one night near Santiam Pass, for example.

I use a Rio Cali (256 mb) mp3 player/FM radio now for running and like it, although it's heavier than the Aiwa was.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have about either of these.

Patrick
Gresham, OR

What is a good radio for the trail?  I am looking at the Creative NOMAD
MuVo TX FM 256 MB MP3 Player.  It would be great to have MP3 when there
were no stations, and only 1.5 oz.  What are some other radios people
have used?  Thanks.

Brian