[pct-l] ice axes

I used the Camp XLA and liked it for the PCT.  Cutting steps with it (and I suspect with the Cassin) is a huge pain, as the adze is small and the axe is light.  You can buy the Camp axe in some MEC stores (yeah, its in Canada), but I don't see it on their website (it used to be).  They make another axe called the Frontier, which looks good, but might weigh a few ounces more. MEC will ship it to the States, and it runs for $58 Canadian, or about $46 USD.

Suge

Christopher Willett
cwillett@pierce.ctc.edu
www.pierce.ctc.edu/faculty/cwillett