[pct-l] A rare moment in Kansas

You may think that you are in an unattractive area until a moment like this
strikes deep into your  soul:

At the precise moment of dawn . . .

The eastern sky deep blue against the rest of the dark sky, promising the
rise of the sun imminently . . .

Temperature about 15 degrees . . .

Corn stalks about 4 feet tall running off in every direction seemingly
forever . . .

The sun peaking above the distant horizon shoots shafts of brilliant light
through the corn stalks which are covered in ice and the reflections sparkle
like diamonds, acres and acres and townships and counties of diamonds.

Ah, Kansas.

Kansas?

Greg

(the bit is turning a mile and a half down, the roar of the diesel engines
fills my ears, but my mind is out there, amongst the fields of diamonds)