[pct-l] question for the ladies

Elizabeth,

I like keeping my hair long and pulled back in a low ponytail. I fold the
pony tail up to shorten it so the hair doesn't get caught in clothing, pack
straps etc. I love my Columbia Bora Bora Booney hat. The low folded up
ponytail stays outside, not under, the hat and my hair is protected from the
sun by the floppy brim of the hat.

Why I like keeping my hair long is that I dislike short hair blowing in my
face. I also believe I look more feminine with longer hair and I need that
reminder on the trail.

Another reason I like long hair.. at night when I roll over on my ponytail
the hair smells soooo clean because it has been away from my scalp. This
athletic princess needs to feel clean and the clean smelling hair fools me
into believing I am clean. The pretty scent of town shampooed hair lasts
from one town stop to the next. Almost.

Gottago