[pct-l] A bit much

On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 10:58, Glkroeker@aol.com wrote:
> I think section
> hikers bring a lot of interest and support to the PCT

Right on. If it weren't for section hikers and outdoor enthusiasts of
similar stripe, there would likely not be a PCT - there aren't enough
thru-hikers to pull it off by themselves. Additionally, I would think
secion hikers and similar ilk tend to be better plugged into the "real"
world, giving them a lot more suction in the arena in which all the
infrastructure that supports the trail actually lives. I'd also bet the
aggregate miles hiked on the trail by non-thrus and the amount of time
and money donated to the trail and supporting organizations by the same
folks dwarf the contributions of the thru-hikers.

Jim McEver