[pct-l] PCT photography: Powershot A70 vs Stylus 300

I bought a Canon Powershot A95 ($283 at NiceElectronics.com)  I specifically
wanted AA batteries vice expensive/unavailable proprietary batteries,
compactflash memory vice expensive/unavailable proprietary memory, and 5
Mpixels.  The camera works wonderfully well.  It is very intuitive.  You can
snap a few shots and show them on your TV within a few seconds.  You can
download quickly and easily once you have installed the software.  You can
point and shoot or get creative with 14 different modes.  I cannot complain
about anything. It weighs 8.3 oz w/o batteries. I also have owned an Olympus
Stylus film camera for years.  I like it but it has been overtaken by
technology.  I recommend this camera without reservation.

I had 8x10 and 5x7 prints made at Shutterfly.com.  Excellent.  Easy upload,
instant order acknowledgement, next day completion and shipping
notification.  Superior quality. I also recommend Shutterfly without
reservation.

Hike on !  Bob Riess at the trailhead.