[pct-l] Pro- 300 Olympus Stylus User

 For my " Take on the 300 Stylus Olympus camera, it is a great camera and no problems. Good for 8 to 10 inch blow up prints at a light 5.8 ozs. I used this down the Yukon on a Kayak trip with rain every  other day and took two batteries and a charger for when I hit town. I got a 256 KB chip which holds 100 or so pics at the highest 3.2 meg sitting. All metal case survived an eight drop to mainline rocks for my locomotive only 2 days after I bought it!! ( 370.00 at Cosco Jun 2003) Now it's around 225.00. I am totally happy with the camera. As it says, Water Res. , not proof. Has a 3 X optical zoom as well ( equal to 35mm to 105mm) I would say a person could seal it up with tape if in bad wet weather where XD card goes in.
   A good Water Proof choice now is the new Pentax 4.0 meg. camera which can to dumped in the drink for 5 minutes they claim. Nowhere Man and Walking Carrot used one on their 2004 PCT trip with good results.