[pct-l] SNOW!!

"Since Dec. 28, up to 19 feet of snow has fallen at elevations above
7,000 feet in the Sierra, with 6 1/2 feet at lower elevations in the
Reno area. Meteorologists said it was the most snow the Reno-Lake Tahoe
area has seen since 1916." from www.cnn.com

Looks like its shaping up to be a very heavy snow year.  We still have
alot of time between now and may, but it looks like it will be a heavy
snow year.  Of course with Global Climate Change, the spring could be
the hottest since 1916 and melt everything.

Anyway, I'd suggest that the JMT hiker aksing when he should go should
make plans for August, just to be safe.

peace,
dude