[pct-l] Finding leaks in air matteresses (was Big Agnes HorseThief Bag)

LOL.

I guess I really just viewed the soapy water technique as something to do at
home where you don't want water to go all over the place.  In the field,
where I guess you don't care as much about where the water goes, you would
definitely care about where the mud goes.  Yuck!

I guess I just assumed that if the leak was so small you couldn't find it
without the soapy water method, then the pad would still be good for at
least a few hours of padding and could probably wait until "civilization" to
find the actual leak.

When I first found the leak in my pad, even after I knew exactly where the
leak was, I still couldn't feel air escaping on my cheek.  Only after the
patch failed and the leak grew even more could I actually feel the leak on
my cheek.  That was when it got to the point where the leak was so bad I
needed to add more air in the middle of the night.

But, thanks for the mental image of soaping your pad in the field.  Hee hee.

Mara

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor