[pct-l] weather . . .

Today ' s NYTimes : ( Front page - under , " Inside " , listings : " Water , Water Everywhere " , page A10 )
    " The heavy rains that have persisted across much of the west have provided some much needed relief from the five year drought . . . "
     What say you - all who live there and KNOW what ' s what ?
     I haven ' t read all back-country mail offerings but haven ' t seen much about the drought being thus , " Busted " .
     A Connecticut , Yankee " , used to no end of water this is surprising to me - seems THE subject after I walked from Mex border to Echo Lake last summer and heard so much about the ' six ' year drought and saw and heard about results of such : Reno fire ; Bridal Vale area fire , MANY fires , carrying at all times [ after starting with three quarts and ending up needing water from others - Frank, Cat and Christina ( Thank you again . . . ) at Hauser Canyon ] six quarts ; reduced water levels at natural water sites , and much highlighting of these conditions : in Julian the owner of the grocery / market said more then 700 homes had been lost to fires in the area due to the drought . . . emphasis and ' fear ' of " illegal " aliens taking one 's water . . . " Cottonmouth " , getting a trail name as five , " Illegals " , woke him at Hauser Canyon at 3 AM and took all his water .
     Talk to me . Rafter Jack