[pct-l] Big Agnes Horse Thief Bag

Switchback wrote:

> I just my new Big Agnes Horse Thief bag from REI

Last summer I bought the Big Agnes Divide Series Zirkel 20 degree mummy bag.
I also got the insulated mummy pad that slips inside the bottom of the bag.
Took it to Chile where the temps were in the high 20's. Had to patch the pad
once due to thorns where we camped. Later used the bag in Washington state
when doing foot care at the Primal Quest Adventure Race. I think the 20
degree rating may be a bit generous but I also may tend to sleep colder than
normal. The bag is great though. The pad stays put underneath you and the
arm room is as good as my bed at home. The baffle and hood are nice too.

The bag is 2 pounds 5 ounces and with compression straps make a small
package. The REM Insulated Air Core pad is 23 ounces and rolls to 4.25 x 10
inches. The pad is 2.5 inches thick and is worth its weight in gold. I went
for comfort at the cost of a few extra ounces.

John Vonhof
http://www.footworkpub.com
Fixing Your Feet: Prevention and Treatments for Athletes, 3rd edition
Subscribe to the free monthly ezine on foot care at my website